Friday, July 15, 2011

A New Post *GASP*

Oh hello blogging world (and by world I mean immediate family and friends...) The Shannon family is alive and well. I have a lot of catching up to do but I thought I would start with this past week. One of our bestest friends Rex came into town with his wonderful fiancee, Trish. We had a blast just hanging out and being ridiculous. Of course, a visit from Rex wouldn't be complete without Kyle talking us into doing something a little outlandish. So. We packed up the kayak, borrowed a canoe and loaded up a TON of stuff, and headed up north to Priest Lake, Idaho. We took the boats (after a 4 hour drive that was supposed to take 2) and paddled for about 2 hours in the near dark. It made for some pretty pictures (Exhibit A) but was also a little disconcerting since we had to find a campground in the dark. Kyle claimed he knew where we were going... but he always claims to know that. Love you Kyle... :) Alas, we made it!

Exhibit A

Charlie chillaxin' while we set up camp... She was such a trooper throughout the whole experience! She loves the water, even when it is FREEZING cold! She kept leaning all the way over just to drag her hands in the water. Luckily, Trish kept a hold of her and also entertained her during the seemingly never ending rowing.



Fortunately for me, and much to my chagrin, Kyle's adventures usually turn out to be amazing. This is the view from our campsite in the morning. It was beautiful and so peaceful. You can only access this part of the lake by boat or foot so we were pretty alone up there. Which also freaked me out a little... Pretty sure I heard a large mammal outside my tent at night which could have been a bear, moose, deer or psychopathic murderer. Luckily it/he decided to leave us alone.



Charlie after waking up. She slept excellent in the tent and was her normal cheerful self in the morning. She is up and walking around now constantly but there were a lot of falls on the uneven ground. She was filthy by the end of the trip, which was only one night! I can't imagine how much dirtier she would have gotten. And you all know me, I like my baby clean and smelling good!



Group Photo. There always has to be at least one of these. As much as I hate them, which I do, I appreciate the documentation of a wonderful trip.



And this is just a wonderful shot of right before we found our campsite. I think I should blow this one up and hang it on my wall.



It was an amazing experience and I am glad to have such an adventurous husband who pushes me to do crazy things I wouldn't normally do.
Thanks to Rex and Trish for gracing us with their presence! You two make an adorable couple and we can't wait for the wedding!

Stay tuned for some catch-up posts... hopefully. :)

Love, Erin

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful news and pics Erin. Especially of Charlie in front of the tent.
    Was definitely laughing out loud shamelessly at the thought of Kyle's great random on the spot plans and them actually working out to your chagrin. I love you two!hahahah!!

    ReplyDelete