Sunday, May 16, 2010

Charlie at 3 days old


We visited Charlie twice today. She's still downtown at Sacred Heart in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit), so we visit as often as possible. However, her situation sounds way scarier than it is. Based on her original high respiratory rates, low O2 saturation in her blood and her abnormally high white blood cell count, they thought she may have some kind of infection.

While the doctors admit its most likely the Meconium ultimately causing everything, her symptoms were enough to warrant a trip to the NICU. We've learned that with this sort of thing they always err on the side of caution. But with prayer, fasting and a priesthood blessing we're pretty sure she's covered. :)

Lots of good pics from today, enjoy!





4 comments:

  1. I want her, she's so stinking adorable! Don't worry I'll send Cole as an exchange ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's soooo freakin cute. I just want to squeeze and cuddle her. My eyes are getting teary just looking at the pictures. I LOVE the picture with her hand on Kyle's!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the grandpa here in the Shannon House, all I can say is that I have the most beautiful grandchildren in the world. I just wish I could get my hands on them! Just remember, Saturday she is mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man! I want to hold her sooo bad! I miss you guys so much... It is so awesome to see you two as parents!

    ReplyDelete